High temperature extended area blackbodies
A micro-pyramidal surface for a high emissivity
The ECN100 series are extended area infrared reference sources, stabilizing high temperatures at up to +600 °C, with high uniformity. The emissive head includes an exclusive emissive surface made of micro-pyramids. The emissivity and thermal uniformity of these blackbodies are thus particularly high.
Moreover, since the surface is made of such micro-cavities, these sources can be used over a wide range of wavelengths from near-IR to far IR.
3 Key Points
Absolute temperature range from ambient +5 °C up to +600 °C
High emissivity thanks to micro-pyramidal surface
Large emissive area up to 1000x1000 mm
- Temperature range from ambient to +600 °C
- Exceptionally high emissivity of 0.98 ± 0.02
- Certificate of radiometric calibration over multiple bandwidths
- Large emissive area up to 1m2 with high uniformity
- Real-time display of surface and set point temperature
- Control through touchscreen panel
- Remote control via Ethernet link, RS232, IEEE488, WiFi
- Built-In Test Equipment (BITE)
- INFRATEST LT control software
Main applications :
- Calibration of thermal imagers over their full field of view
- Calibration of line scanners
- Calibration of large spectral bandwidth reference source
- Non-uniformity correction of infrared cameras
- Simultaneous test of several sensors during manufacturing process
- Measurement of the size of source effect on cameras
- The robust structure of the emissive head allows for lab or field condition operations
Integrated tests with labview driver :
HGH provides a full-featured LabVIEW driver for its family of blackbodies, compatible with LabVIEW 2019 or higher and for all available communication links Ethernet, RS232 and IEEE.
The supply includes all the required VIs directly available from the LabVIEW menu. These functions allow the operator to send a temperature setpoint, read the current temperature, check the stabilization status and many other functions.
The supply also includes an example program built with all the available VIs.
Thanks to this driver, all HGH’s blackbodies are fully controllable and can be integrated into complex test benches running automatic infrared characterization routines.